Villa Park Optometry and Dr. Steven Downs is affiliated with and co-manages vision correction surgery with Coastal Vision Medical Group. As a team, Dr. Downs and the expert surgeons at Coastal Vision want to help you make an informed decision about LASIK surgery. That means we will:
- Educate you about laser vision correction and other vision correction alternatives.
- Perform your pre-procedure testing and evaluation.
- Provide the surgeon with your eye history, test results, and target prescription.
- Prescribe lenses for reading, night driving or any prescription that can't be treated.
- Monitor the health of your eyes during your annual eye exam.
Evaluation and Referral
LASIK (laser assisted in situ keratomileusis) surgery uses the latest advancements in technology to provide faster recovery times and precise results. LASIK surgery has been effective in treating myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism and other eye conditions. At Villa Park Optometry, we provide evaluations and referrals for patients interested in LASIK surgery. Dr. Downs performs a complete review of your patient history as well as a full assessment of your eye health and vision. A current exam is important to determining if you are a candidate for LASIK surgery and if there are any other factors that may affect your results. The history review enables our optometrist to determine if your prescription is stable and you are healthy enough to consider surgery.
Once Dr. Downs has performed the evaluation and determined whether you are a candidate for LASIK, you will be given a referral to the LASIK surgery center we have worked with on an ongoing basis. The center will perform advanced diagnostic testing and will evaluate your eligibility for surgery. Various surgery options will be discussed with you if you are determined to be a surgical candidate. We will be in correspondence with the center regarding your evaluation and surgical determination.
The LASIK Process
- Eye exam with Villa Park Optometry
- Complementary consultation with Coastal Vision
- Pre-op examination with Villa Park Optometry
- Surgery with Coastal Vision
- Post-op care with Villa Park Optometry
- Yearly exam back with Villa Park Optometry
Discuss the Possibilities With Your Optometrist
Lasik eye surgery has come a long way since it was first introduced. There are other options if you aren’t a good candidate for Lasik. Discuss your concerns with Dr. Downs when you make an appointment at Villa Park Optometry by calling (714) 998-6610.